1#
發表於 1972-2-22 21:00:00 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽
尼克松訪華.jpg
人民日報第二

尊敬的總理以及各位來賓:

我謹代表我國出訪人員感謝貴國的盛情款待,同時我還要特別感謝那些準備晚餐以及演奏音樂的工作人員。我從未在外國聽到如此優美的美國本土音樂。

總理先生,非常感謝您之前激情洋溢、鼓舞人心的演講。此時此刻,我們受到前所未有關注。通過神奇的電信科技,關注我們的人以往歷史上任何一個場合的人都要多。

我們所說的不會被長久的記住,我們所做的一切卻在改變著這個世界。

正如總理在祝酒詞中所說的那樣,中國是一個偉大的民族,美國也是一個偉大的民族。如果兩個民族成為敵人,那麼我們所共有的這個世界的未來必將是一片黑暗。如果我們能夠在共同利益的基礎上團結協作,那麼世界和平的機會將會大大增加。

希望在接下來的會談中,雙方能夠秉承坦誠相見的原則,讓我們首先明確一下幾點:

我們在過去的一段時間內曾經是敵人,我們今天仍存在著巨大的差異。把我們聚集在一起的是超越這些差異的共同利益。當我們討論彼此之間的差異時,雙方都不會在原則上進行妥協。即使我們無法超越橫亙在我們之間的鴻溝,我們也可以在鴻溝上搭起一座橋梁,這樣我們便可以交流溝通。

讓我們在接下來的5天中,攜手共進。即使步伐不一致,相信在不同的道路上我們會達到共同的目標,那就是構建一個和平正義的國際社會。在這個國際社會中,所有的人都能夠以平等的尊嚴站在一起,不論是大國還是小國都有權利決定他們的政體,有權利不受外國勢力的幹涉和統治。世界在關注著我們、在傾聽者我們、在期待著我們的所作所為。什麼是世界?就我個人角度而言,今天是我大女兒的生日,我一想到她,我便會想到世界上所有的孩子,亞洲的、非洲的、歐洲的、美洲的。他們絕大部分都出生在中華人民共和國成立之後。

我們該為我們的子孫後代留下什麼遺產?

難道因為仇恨在這個世界不斷蔓延,他們就注定為之而亡?

難道因為我們構建新世界的遠見卓識,他們就注定為之而活?

我們沒有理由成為敵人,雙方都沒有侵犯對方領土的企圖,都沒有試圖控制對方,也沒有試圖延伸自己的的勢力以稱霸世界。

就像毛主席所說:“多少事,從來急;天地轉,光陰迫。一萬年太久,只爭朝夕。”

今天便是這個只爭朝夕的時候,兩個民族以自己崇高的精神去構建一個沒好燦爛的明天。

在這種精神下,希望各位能夠舉起手中的酒杯,向毛主席、向周總理以及中美之間的友誼致敬,是他們讓這個世界充滿和平和友誼。

英文原稿:Toast Speech by Richard Nixon

Mr. Prime Minister and all of your distinguished guests this evening:

On behalf of all of your American-guests, I wish to thank you for the incomparably hospitality for which the Chinese people are justly famous throughout the world. I particularly want to pay tribute, not only to those who prepared the magnificent dinner, but also to those who have provided the splendid music. Never have I heard American music played better in a foreign land.

Mr. Prime Minister, I wish to thank you for your very gracious and eloquent remarks. At this very moment, through the wonder of telecommunications, more people are seeing and hearing what we say than on any other such occasion in the whole history of the world. Yet, what we say here will not be long remembered. What we do here can change the world.

As you said in your toast, the Chinese people are a great people, the American people are a great people. If our two peoples are enemies the future of this world we share, together is dark indeed. But if we can find common ground to work together, the chance for world peace is immeasurably increased.

In the spirit of frankness which I hope will characterize our talks this week, let us recognize at the outset these points: We have at times in the past been enemies. We have great differences today. What brings us together is that we have common interests which transcend those differences. As we discuss our differences, neither of us will compromise our principles. But while we cannot close the gulf between us, we can try to bridge it so that we may be able to talk across it.

So, let us, in these next five days, start a long march together, not in lockstep, but on different roads leading to the same goal, the goal of building a world structure of peace and justice in which all may stand together with equal dignity and in which each nation, large or small, has a right to determine its own form of government, free of outside interference or domination. The world watches. The world listens. The world waits to see what we will do. What is the world? In a personal sense, I think of my eldest daughter whose birthday is today. As I think of her, I think of all the children in the world, in Asia, in Africa, in Europe, in the Americas, most of whom were born since the date of the foundation of the People's Republic of China.

What legacy shall we leave our children? Are they destined to die for the hatreds which have plagued the old world, or are they destined to live because we had the vision to build a new world?  There is no reason for us to be enemies. Neither of us seeks the territory of the other; neither of us seeks domination over the other; neither of us seeks to stretch out our hands and rule the world.  Chairman Mao has written, "So many deeds cry out to be done, and always urgently; The world rolls on, Time presses. Ten thousand years are too long, Seize the day, seize the hour!”

This is the hour. This is the day for our two peoples to rise to the heights of greatness which can build a better world.

In that spirit, I ask all of you present to join me in raising your glasses to Chairman Mao, to Prime Minister Chou, and to the friendship of the Chinese and American people which can lead to friendship and peace for all people in the world.

人民日報
您需要登錄後才可以發表回應 登錄 | 免費註冊

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 09:09

© 2015 SSKYN

回頂部